My sweet girls,
What a fun month we've had!! As I was looking through all our photos from the last few weeks, I noticed the overwhelming majority of them were filled with ruffles, tiaras, tutus, and all things GIRL!!! Ribbons and bows. Sugar and Spice. The frillier the better. Everything in our house is pink and purple, and has a high probability of being adorned with a Disney princess. You are both such girly-girls and I am loving every minute of it!
Chloe, each morning after getting out of bed, you have to prepare a purse before we walk downstairs for breakfast. When it's time to get dressed for school, we head up to your room, open up your closet, and I watch your eyes pan over your clothes. You always select a dress, skirt, something with ruffles, or something that is pink. And your outfit is never complete without jewelry. You have been wearing a "real" necklace every day since Christmas. After returning from school, we change you into "comfy" clothes, and you immediately select a tutu to put on over them. Before your nap each day, you "have to" use one of your Disney princess chapsticks. In the evenings, it is routine to "dress up" and you always suggest we have a dance party before calling it a day!
Madeline, you want to be just like your big sister. If she has on a dress or tutu, you MUST have one too. You are a big fan of dance parties. If you disappear in the house, I know I can always find you in the playroom ... cooking in your kitchen, playing with the dollhouse, or pushing your dolls around in their strollers. You have just discovered the wonder of lipgloss, and you cover your face with any tube of it that you can find. You love sunglasses and would wear 2-3 pairs at a time if they would stay on!
You both love baking, nail polish, and high heels. Boo-boos are very traumatic, and bugs (with the exception of butterflies) are not your friends. You do love being outdoors though, and are not strangers to bike-riding, leaf-throwing, and sand-digging afternoons...you just do it in sparkly shoes and use pink shovels ;) When I was little I shared all of these same interests and dislikes, and it has been so much fun for me to see these parts of myself in each of you.
God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed me with my two little "princesses."
I am blessed beyond measure.
I love you,
Mommy
Thank you for reading through our "Letters to Our Children" blog circle. The next beautiful letter is by Melanie Kerr.









This gives a beautiful insight to your everyday life with your girls. I love that one has to get her purse ready before breakfast!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about your sweet family!! The image of the girls in the pink escalade just about did me in!! They are the cutest!!
ReplyDelete