This month, I am writing a letter just for you! You turned 5 years old and graduated preschool this past month, and I absolutely cannot believe you are headed to Kindergarten in the fall. I have to admit, I had a major Mommy meltdown the night before your last day of pre-K. As I unpacked your school bag and little monogrammed lunchbox for the last time, tears just started pouring out of my eyes. A million memories and thoughts all flooded my mind at the same time. I kept asking myself "How have her infancy, baby years, and toddlerhood all slipped through my fingers so quickly?" During my pregnancy and the first couple years of your life, if there was one common piece of advice given by relatives, friends, and strangers alike, it was "Enjoy every minute with her, it goes by so quickly." I would smile and nod my head in agreement with everyone because I know time has a way of escaping me, but it wasn't until two weeks ago that I think it really hit me and I "got it."
Though I may not feel ready to send you to "big school" in August, I know you are ready to go. You are ready to go new places, meet new friends, and learn new things. You are so smart, and never cease to amaze me in how quickly you pick things up. You are so kind and loveable. You are a peacemaker and you make friends very easily. You are beautiful inside and out. I am so proud of the amazing little girl you have become, and I have no doubt that will do great!!
If I could keep you little and hold you for a lifetime, I would. At the same time, I am so excited to watch you grow up and enjoy the life that God has planned for you. I am so thankful I am YOUR Mommy. I can only pray I am half the blessing to you that you are to me. You will always be my baby, my "Bug."
I love you,
Mommy
Please continue reading through our blog circle by clicking here.












Beautiful letter, Tara. My heart knows exactly how you feel. I am not ready to send my little man off to Kindergarten either. Hopefully the summer together will help prepare us both. I absolutely love the image of you hugging her because it expresses everything that you've written in your letter, without the words.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet letter Tara. I love your photography. My absolute favorites this month are the black and whites. But those beach shots are amazing as well.
ReplyDelete